Advantages of Isolation Transformer
An isolation transformer is a transformer used to transfer electrical power from a source of alternating current (AC) power to some equipment or device while isolating the powered device from the power source, usually for safety reasons or to reduce transients and harmonics.
The insulation barrier ensures faults in the input cannot transfer to the output, increasing electrical safety. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of an isolation transformer in steptransformer.com.
- Reduces surges. A power surge happens when the input voltage in devices exceeds the required level. A surge can damage all appliances and electronics plugged into power. An isolation transformer minimizes power surges. It insulates DC signals from the power source to allow equipment to function without interruptions, therefore reducing the chance of property damage from power surges.
- Enhances safety. Assured safety is the most notable benefit of power isolation transformers. The reliability of step-up and step-down isolation transformer relies on its safety performance, which is relatively high. At times, touching electrical devices can lead to dangerous electric shocks. An isolation transformer completes the power source's circuit, protecting you from electric shocks.
- Increases power quality. An isolation transformer improves the quality of power on equipment. The transformer uses a Faraday shield to reduce potential current leakage. Electrical devices in the home or business use all current coming from the power source. With an isolation transformer, importance equipment can achieve optimal performance.
- Reduces noise. Electrical noise impacts the performance of a machine by interfering with the signals. It comes from unwanted electrical signals that enter into power and signal circuits. An isolation transformer reduces electrical noise in electrical devices. The Faraday shield in the transformer prevents electric fields from interfering with power flow. Thus, unwanted currents cannot interrupt power and signal circuits in equipment.
- Preventing electronic devices from polluting the power grid. Durable single phase isolation transformer is a product with stable quality. Isolation transformer is very commendable in reducing environmental pollution, especially reducing the pollution of electronic components to the power grid. In the era of air quality, such non-polluting products are very popular and important.
- Work at high voltages. One of the great aspects of 3 phase isolation transformers is their ability to protect at even high voltages. You can use isolation transformers to test the power in your home or to prevent surges to your laptop. Isolation transformers are a tool widely used by electricians and other professionals who handle power sources regularly. They are trusted with upholding a safety barrier even at high frequencies with large and small output setups.